Seagate Momentus drives deliver the highest available laptop hard drive capacity while satisfying today’s need for desktop performance in a notebook computer. System builders can count on extending the life of their 7200-RPM laptops by eliminating the need to replace or upgrade due to performance obsolescence issues. All this without sacrificing battery life, because these new 7200-RPM drives draw only slightly more power than a 5400-RPM laptop drive.
When it comes to getting more time back in your day, nothing feels better than a well-performing laptop. Seagate's Momentus 7200-RPM drives can give precious moments back when you really need them. In fact, Seagate 7200-RPM drives can shut your system down 34 percent faster, and opening big files can be up to 30 seconds faster than a 5400-RPM drive can manage. When it’s your turn to shine, your 7200-RPM Seagate drive won’t keep you waiting.
• 7200-RPM spindle speed.
• 16MB buffer.
• Quiet operation. Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) motor.
• High instantaneous (burst) data-transfer rates (up to 3Gb/s).
• Perpendicular recording technology.
• State-of-the-art cache and on-the-fly error-correction algorithms.
• Native Command Queuing (NCQ) with command ordering.
• Full-track multiple-sector transfer capability without local processor intervention.
• 1000 Gs nonoperating shock and 350 Gs of operating shock.
• SeaTools diagnostic software performs a drive self-test that eliminates unnecessary drive returns.
• The 3D Defense System™, which includes Drive Defense, Data Defense and Diagnostic Defense, offers the
industry’s most comprehensive protection for disc drives.
• Support for S.M.A.R.T. drive monitoring and reporting.
• Support for Read Multiple and Write Multiple commands.
2.5-inch laptop hard drive
Internal hard disk drive
DATA TRANSFER RATES
100.35mm x 69.85mm x 9.5mm
0°C to 60°C (operating)
–40°C to 70°C (non-operating)